Only did a couple of hours last night. A bit sewn out and tired from being back at work. Finished the last band though, just the five floral motifs to go, these are fun to sew (except for the peascod, never using that motif again!).
Not feeling the best so I am doing some sewing while I am taking it easy. I got three hours done yesterday. Been a while since the last update, so this is the progress at about 19 hours of work on the second sleeve.
This is for the geeks, Google has just launched an instant messaging system. You need a gmail account to make it work. My username is laren.oz @ gmail.com if you want to chat. If you need a gmail address, I have plenty, send me an email and I will send you an invitation.
I had a day off yesterday, the whole getting sacked thing was getting to me. So I spent the day sewing. I made tunic for Adam's cousin. He needs it for a wedding he is going to. I still have to make a Wizards Coat, but that shouldn't be too difficult, just wish I had more fabric!
Maggie Ann asked where I get the Vogart patterns. Well, the first three I had I inherited from my Nan. But recently, after seeing some stuff on Pam's blog, I got inspired, well, reminded of my love of these patterns (especially the bluebirds and any pattern with losts of the Lazy Daisys on them!). So I've been out searching for them. I found an online store, that has the odd pattern every now and then, but the best source is Ebay. But BEWARE, there are a few sellers on Ebay who use the original covers but when you read the auction, they are not selling the actual transfers, but photocopies. For obvious reasons, I don't buy from these people.
You can also get Aunt Martha's at many craft shops, but I like the style of the drawings in the Vogart ones. So if you have any you want to get rid of, let me know!!
It only took me a total of six hours to finish this pattern. It looks much better pressed! I did try two different ways of doing the text. The top "Wash On" backstitched and the bottom "Monday" text was double running stitch. I will do the rest double running, as this looks better on both the front and back. You can see the shadow around the top text from all the thread on the back. The bottom text is much cleaner.
A very quick workup, and I think it would have been even quicker if I was able to just sit down and stitch, rather than have this as a travel/pickup piece. Only 6 more to go!! Pam, another entry for the Vintage Style Towel Challenge.
I'm still here. I haven't been doing much sewing but I did start my Rooster towel. I will post a progress picture soon. Had a big weekend, big craft show, spent too much money. All day National Scrapbook Day on Saturday and all day yesterday catching up on housework! I also have more Vogarts to post.
I decided to get a bit scientific about my Viking Hat project, so yesterday, at our weekly gathering I went around and measured everyones head. The most common size was 56cm followed by 60cm. So last night I adjusted the pattern piece and started cutting out some hats to fit this sizing. I love these hats they only take about two hours to make and that is all hand sewn. Only problem is getting the tablet woven bands done, they take a bit longer. But I had another volunteer yesterday, so that is good.
I also managed to track down some tea towels. Not the best quality but by the time I hot washed and tumble dried them, the weave was close enough to work with. So I ironed on Monday, Tues and Weds of the Rooster set and will start working on that tonight or sometime this week.