This is the finished badge. I used a cardboard template, covered in interfacing to pull the embroidery over. It will be outlined in thick gold cord once it is sewn onto the sash. It is very shiny!! I am entering it in the Heraldic Embroidery competition this weekend at May Crown, I will let everyone know how I went.
Bluebird pillow case based on Vogart pattern. Pink linen ground and DMC threads. I've been working on this one for about a week. Unfortunately, some of the transfer ink remains, but I think a few washes should get that out.
Bluebird pillow case based on Vogart pattern. Pink linen ground and DMC threads.
I finally dragged out the Baronial Guard Badge and did the last couple of hours work on it. Now all I have to do is "make it up". I'm thinking of backing it with buckram or cardboard to help give it some body. It will be sewn on a sash and I think stiffness will help make it look nicer. Because of the materials, it can't be washed so the cardboard shouldn't be a problem.
Baronial Guard Badge made using red and green silk ground, with imitation Japanese gold thread. Basic couching work. This image is taken in indirect sunlight to show the design.