31 July 2007
30 July 2007
28 July 2007
This little guy showed up at my back door a couple of mornings ago. He is very cute, very friendly and very glad to have found me I think. I've put a box with a blanket in the small ante room at the back of the house. I can't bring him inside. My cats took one look at him and went ballistic. But he is so friendly, purrs as soon as you pat him. I saw him swatting at a bit of dead grass trying to play. It looked pathetic. So I grabbed one of my cats many unused toys and gave it to him. He played with it for hours.
I have printed out some Found posters, which I have put down at the local shops and I've made some smaller flyers for a letter box drop. I will get some out tonight if it's not too dark when I get home.
26 July 2007
And I am pissed. Someone has been going into the backyard of my house and poking my cats with sticks. As the ad goes, "Not Happy, Jan!".
I came home last night and the boy was being particularly annoying. And then Bubba used the cat litter trays. She NEVER uses the litter trays, she always uses the outside area. Then I found a bit of stick just inside the cat door of the cage. So I went out and checked the backyard. I thought the rickety old shed where Bubba likes to hang out might have collapsed a bit and this was why she wasn't going out there. But when I checked, I found my rake sticking out of the main cage. Some one had picked it up and poked it handle end first into the cage. I am assuming they were trying to get the cats. That would explain why they have both been so jumpy lately. I am going to try and get off early tomorrow and see what happens. I will be getting the Police involved if I have to.
It also makes me a bit suspicious of my electricity going off the other day, maybe it wasn't a power surge.
23 July 2007
21 July 2007
I got bored on the weekend. I decided to start work on the slips for the November WCOB competition. I was going to wait to see the outcome of the last comp, but thought I'd better get started. I knew I wasn't going to work on a high count fabric, as it would take too long and wouldn't give a big enough result. So I am working on some 14 count linen canvas that I've been saving for a special occasion. I am going to do 5 slips - four floral patterns and a central heraldic element. The floral patterns are taken from a piece in Traquair House in Scotland. I changed the orientation and the shape a bit to make them more suitable. The heraldic element will be based on an uncut slip in the V&A.This is the slip at about 3 hours work. I don't have any black silk for the outlining, I have to order them. But I really wanted to start so I picked areas that I could do without the black being done.
20 July 2007
So I've created a Wiki - Vogart Transfer Patterns Wiki - http://vogart.pbwiki.com/
I've set up the basic structure and added a few pages, but because it's a wiki, anyone can work on the site. I am hoping I might be able to get a few helpers so we can make a useful site. Otherwise, it's going to take quite a while for me to do it by myself!
19 July 2007
16 July 2007
15 July 2007
12 July 2007
11 July 2007
9 July 2007
I didn't get a picture of the new coat, but I did like the smaller ruff that I was wearing. Much more suitable. Also, I tried a new method for anchoring my hats which was also successful. Added to which the cooler weather meant I could wear all my nice wool gear without overheating. It also stood up to the late night temperature drop.
I got home fairly early on sunday. I worked on my current patchwork project. I should be able to get the last of the blocks finished off tonight. If I do, I will iron and post a picture tomorrow. Then I can start cutting out the alternate white fabric blocks. Once they are together, the next stage will be sewing the 120 half square triangles for the border and start thinking about colour combinations for the applicque.
6 July 2007
I finished off the tunic for the young man in our Barony. Just a few very small bits of hand finishing around the gores and gussets to complete.
Finished adding all the trim to my brown stripy sleeve coat. That is now wearable. I will add pocket slits after the weekend. Or maybe, I might be able to do those during the day, depending how cold it is.
The fabrics are some larger pieces of some of the fabrics I got at the craft fair. The red fabric is some wool felt. It's a lovely deep cranberry colour. Not sure what I am doing with it yet.
4 July 2007
Anyway, after taking the long way home, I tidied up ready for visitors and made a chocolate cake. I forgot to bring the tunic home, I left it at work in the rush to beat the traffic. So I worked on my brown coat with stripey sleeves instead. It was actually fortuitous, because I'd forgotten I wanted to finish it off for the weekend. Got one sleeve done. If I get the other one done, it will be wearable, though I'd like to the the pocket slits done as well.
Tonight will be cutting out the green velvet and lining for the new coat and maybe also working out which sleeve pattern to use. Then if I can get up early tomorrow, I will finish off the tunic.
2 July 2007