28 July 2008
27 July 2008
26 July 2008
25 July 2008
24 July 2008
23 July 2008
22 July 2008
21 July 2008
This is Block 4.
Went shopping at Spotlight before going to weekly gathering. I wanted to pick up some knitting needles. I've got this great 1950's hat booklet I want to make a hat from. The pattern I like has a hole at the top, I thought it would make a nice headband. The only problem is that the yarn and needles are pattern specific so I had to get a range of needle to get the right size and gauge. Luckily, they were on special for $2 a pair. So I stocked up and got 6 pairs. But I forgot to buy the 12 ply yarn!!
20 July 2008
This is Block 2 of the BOM.
Did another corner of the leaves on the 1930's quilt. I should have all of them done by next weekend. That leaves only the birds and the flowers to applique. After that, just the half square triangle border and the top is done.
19 July 2008
I finished Block 10 today. But somehow I didn't get a photo of it when I took the shots of all the rest of the blocks! So it might be a couple of days before I post a shot of it.
I finished starching all the leaves for the 1930's quilt today. I started sewing them onto the top. Got one corner (1/4 of pattern) done.
18 July 2008
17 July 2008
I have completed all the individual blocks for the Moonglow BOM quilt that I've been working on for the last few years. This is the only BOM I've ever done as I usually like to design my own quilts. But I love the colours in this one. This is the first "round" of the alternate block a.
I had the day off work yesterday and starched all the leaves, flowers and birds for my 1930's quilt. So with a bit of luck I can get them on the quilt ready for sewing on the weekend. I really want the top for this one done by winter. I'd love to have the quilt ready for summer but I don't think that will happen.
16 July 2008
15 July 2008
14 July 2008
13 July 2008
Luce was kind enough to offer to help me fit a proper toile. We used the method on the Cotte Simple website. I will probably use the toile for a Gothic Fitted Gown but I can use it as a basis for just about anything else as well. It's a good process but you really need another person to do it properly. I want something simple and plain to wear but with more shape than my Anglo-Saxon, otherwise known as a potato sack!
After we'd finished that (which took about 2 hrs) I crashed and collapsed in front of the tellie. I was able to do some guilt free sewing. I haven't done much cause every spare minute was spent on the banners.
Above is an image of the banners as they looked on the weekend.
12 July 2008
Food as usual was good and copius. There were problems with the oven, which meant a couple of dishes weren't done properly and the chicken didn't make it out at all, which was a shame, cause Almond Stuff Chicken sounded tasty!
Court was good and after the food was done everyone just wandered around chatting and catching up.
I left at 7am, so I missed out on clean up. But all the cooking crew had to leave early as well so we'd cleaned up all the kitchen stuff the night before. I got home by 8.30am. Then spent the next 4 hours cleaning up the house!!
10 July 2008