20 January 2014

Something Other Than Blue and White!

I'm just a little bit blue and whited out! I've managed to keep up with the Block-A-Day but it can be a struggle. I finally managed to do some non-BAD2014 sewing on Sunday.

These the the sections I'd previously made. I managed to get them all sewn up into the final 9" block. It is the same block as in my Field Greens quilt, but using 3.5" strips instead of 2.5". It's a donation quilt so I wanted it to work up faster.

Here is the finished pile of blocks. They just need to be pressed and then the top sewn together. It was just too hot to contemplate ironing.

I had sworn not to start any new projects but I couldn't help myself!! Lots of orange strips. This will be an Orange and Grey quilt. I'm thinking I might do a series. Maybe blue next??
Here are all of them done. I think they work well together. Again, too hot to iron.

And finally, it was Guild Buy, swap and sell day on Saturday. I was hoping for more swapping but not many people brought fabric to swap. Anyway, I got rid of a few rulers I didn't need and some fabric. I bought these. A big bag of 14 Log Cabins and a heap of strips. I thought they were all full lengths, but they were already cut for log cabins. A bit of a bummer but I can still work with them. And 4 m of Jinny Beyer for $20 - score.


1 comments:

You are making great progress! Those orange strips will look fabulous with grey. And what a great bargain you scored with the log cabins and yardage!