7 June 2015

Citrus Pinwheel Complete

Well, I'm back. Carrying on the long tradition of shitty stuff happening near Christmas, I found out a few days before said holiday that I was being made redundant. So I was a bit thrown. I also hadn't been doing much quilting, as I was working on my book.

Anyway, I have just finished a quick project. It's called "Citrus Pinwheel". I wanted a quick finish, so I used a layer cake I won at my quilting guild to knock up this quilt. The fabric is "High Street" by Lily Ashbury for Moda Fabrics.


I had wanted to try getting a quilt professionally long armed, so this was the perfect opportunity as this quilt is a bit bigger than I've made before. They even had the pattern I wanted in their budget range. I am really happy with how it turned out. Especially the seven day turnaround!!


It's nice and bright and light. Very summery.


2 comments:

Michelle it's a gorgeous quilt! So bright and fresh and now I feel like getting myself a fruit juice smoothie. Hope your employment issues have settled down. I've been there, and it was a truly horrible, almost soul destroying time, but I really do believe you come out better in the long run. You just have to believe in yourself as much as others do.

Michelle, a lovely quilt. Sorry to hear about your troubles with work etc. Hope it all improves for you very soon. I missed checking your blog. Sometimes other things get in the way - like myself I haven't been posting very much this year.