25 September 2003

Whale Watching

We were just coming back from shopping when I noticed a heap of people looking out to ocean. When we looked, we saw a whale!! They are quite common up and down the coast at this time of year, but I've never seen one come into our beach before and it was only about 50 feet from shore. Some people said that it was a mother who'd just given birth today. The beach was nice and calm today and I guess it was a good spot to rest. By the time we'd driven home and put aware the frozen stuff, only about 5 mins, they'd moved up the beach and out into deeper water. So no photo. But its so cool to see them, I can only imagine what it must have been like before they were all killed off.

On the stitching front, I'm about half way done with the little sample I am doing. And I've gotten about half the skirt done for my bridesmaid outfit. I made up a test run of the top and it fits fine. Now to make it up in the silk.

0 comments: