27 January 2006

Sewing, Space and New Blog

Firstly, if you are interested in historical clothing, I have a new blog to recommend, check out: The Sweat Shop. It is run by a really nice person who makes the most wonderful mid-period German clothes.

I now have more space in my house due to the ex coming over yesterday to pick up the various bits of furniture that were his. I now have to decide what to do with the space. What I really want to do with that room is pull up the butt-ugly carpet and polish the floor boards. I pretty much know how to do it, since we did the lounge room. But getting the sander will be a bugger. Might have to have a chat with Dad. I also want to paint the room, it is this horrible neutral grey colour. When it was ex's room, I wanted to paint it a lovely deep plum and do gold runes around the top, but he would never let me. Know I'm glad, cause that would be a bugger of a colour to overpaint. I want to do the room white, so that there is plenty of light, so I can have Stitch'n'Bitch sessions in there. Painting I can do, since I've done all the other painting in the house. It's a small room, I can do two full coats in a weekend. Most time spent waiting for drying. I wont to keep furniture to minimum, but I would like to get a couple of books cases in somewhere, not they are no longer banned.

I also got another pouch onto frame last night. The first one is done, just needs to be made up. Got the second one started. I will make both of them up at the same time, saves dragging the machine out.

0 comments: