18 January 2013

Old Fashioned Charm Hand Quilting

More work on UFO's today. It was a bit cooler and I wasn't feeling real crash hot, so I thought I'd pull out my Old Fashioned Charm quilt and work on the handquilting. I had hoped to have it finished by now but still working on it. I was trying to get the quilting done during winter but I never seemed to get into the swing of it. But I  got quite a bit done today, 6 squares.

I've done 3/4's of the pieced inner section. That leaves 4 pieced rows to go. Then the border. The border will be done as basic cross hatch, although I will probably outline the vines, leaves and birds as well.

It looks a bit rough, but I've been working on this quilt on and off for 5 years including quilting on a hoop. It gets roughly wrapped between quilting sessions, so it looks alot better than in the photo!!

Below is the quilt on a double bed. Just hanging off the left side is the other vined border.
And just for giggles, a close up of one of the corners.

2 comments:

Hi Michelle. I really LOVE this quilt! And you have done a great job quilting it. It is Gorgeous!

I think this quilt is beautiful. I love the colors, block design and flowers. Your excellent handiwork is remarkable. Is there a pattern one can purchase? Or did you recreate this quilt from a picture or older quilt? I would love to make this quilt. Thank you for posting it.