5 May 2007

Gloucester Shakespeare Festival, 2007

Got an early start, picked up a couple of people at 8am and headed off to Gloucester for the Shakespeare Festival. We were the second to arrive at about 9.45am so we made pretty good time. Helped to set up the tents, put up banners, put embroidery out for display.

It was a nice day, still too warm to be wearing wool. I think I need to start being less authentic at these events. I don't think anyone really cares if I'm being authentic, they are only there for the fighting.

There was a pretty good turnout, but very few food places and no Turkish people!! The golzemes are my main reason for going! We found out later in the day that the Tocal Field Day was on, so that's where everyone had gone.

We left at about 3.30pm, I dropped Lara and Tim off, and treated myself to a Butter Chicken from Beaumont St. Was dog tired, hit the sack at 9.30pm.

Here is a video of some fighting, I've been trying to get this to work in YouTube for hours, but couldn't. So here it is in GoogleVideo. It looks better with the screen slightly smaller, ah well:


0 comments: