3 September 2008

Google Chrome - Not!

I've spent all day trying to install Google Chrome. I got the installer down but every time I've run it, it just hangs. Well, it says it doing stuff, but when I'm sitting on a node, it really shouldn't spend an hour saying that its "connecting to the internet". Not a brilliant start. I can understand if it was getting hammered this morning, but it's 1am in the USA now, I should be able to download it OK. The other thing is if I cancel the install and try to run it again later, it says that it's already running in the background. I really hate this new system of download the installer and then download the rest while you are online. It assumes that everyone can be online all the time. I think I will be sticking with Firefox, which lets me download the whole thing in one go.

0 comments: