21 March 2012

Amish Inspiration

Did a bit of shopping on the weekend. They had a special on solids, so I stocked up. Been wanting to get some stuff in hand for an Amish project. Haven't decided on a pattern yet, but I think I will go with these colours. They are a little washed out but you get the idea.




I am also thinking of redoing a quilt I made for my Dad. All hand made, but done in polypop because a) I didn't know any better and b) I couldn't afford cotton. I think I might do a lap size quilt, cause I really do love the colour combination. Maybe just in pinwheel variations?


So does anyone have any links to Amish quilts that might offer me inspiration for the above fabrics? I'd prefer historical quilts but modern patterns are good too!! Maybe something a bit unexpected?

0 comments: