9 March 2012

Baby Disappearing Nine Patches Progress

So I decided to go with the Disappearing Nine Patch for the left over strips I had. The blocks are quite small and I won't get a very big project if I don't add some more fabric. At this stage, I am thinking of making bigger blocks, using a solid blender fabric.

In the mean time, here are the strips once I sewed them into nine patches.


I tried to get as much contrast as I could but there was an uneven number of contrasting strips. But I figure once they are cut up and sewn back together, it won't really matter too much.

This is what one of the blocks looked like after it had been quartered.


And here it is with a bit of a rearrange. I think this is my favourite orientation for this technique.


This is the little bitty pile of blocks once the 15 or so nine patches were cut up.


And here is the original pile of nine patches which produced the left overs. Sort of a Mumma pile and baby pile! Aren't they cute?


So no further on this project yet, but I hope to sort out the nine patches on Sunday, so I can start getting that top together. The baby patches will be a when I can't be bothered working on anything else project.

1 comments:

The nine patch is a fun block! Pretty!