3 May 2012

All Tied Up Blocks Completed

Many years ago (over twelve!) I bought a kit from Patchwork Products. It was the first kit I ever bought. I didn't start it until last month!! Anyway, I figured it would be a good project to practice my machine piecing skills on, since it is made up of Shoo Fly and Friendship Star blocks. It is made in "country" colours of tan, green, blue, rusty red and brown. The solid blocks of tan and made up of pieced sections, which adds a great texture to the quilt and helps breakup the otherwise simple design of the blocks.There are 17 Shoo Fly and 16 Friendship Star blocks.



Below are the strips of the blocks waiting to be made up. This is a great beginner pattern as basically both blocks are made of exactly the same elements, just with those elements organised slightly differently.


All I need to do now is make up the outside border (which is a strip of the 4-piece in the neutrals). And then quilt and bind. This one will probably go out for machine quilting.

0 comments: