23 March 2004

The Stitchers Five - Stitching Environment

1. Where do you stitch? - describe your stitching area.
I sit at one end of our lounge. There is a small coffee table at the end where I keep materials for the project being worked. It also holds my magnifying light. I only use the magnifying glass for certain types of projects (usually fine work like split stitch), but I use the light all the time (except when Adam borrows it to do his new hobby of Lord of the Rings minitures!)

2. What time of the day do you usually stitch?
During the week I stitch in the evening after dinner. On the weekends, it can be any time during the day or evening.

3. Do you stitch by yourself or with someone else?
99% of the time I stitch by myself. I go irregularly to Guild meetings where I will work on something.

4. How long do you usually stitch for?
When I am working on something in particular I try to get a couple of hours at a time in. If I have a big project with a tight deadline, I can do 8 or 10 hour sittings.

5. Do you listen to music or watch TV/DVDs when stitching or do you prefer quiet?
Complete silence freaks me out so I usually have the TV on in the background. Generally the History Channel or Discovery Channel etc

0 comments: