5 July 2004

Big Weekend

I went shopping on Saturday. After last weekend I am all keen about scrapbooking again. I bought a few things, but didn't really have time to do anything with them yet. I spent Saturday night playing computer games with Adam. He's been in a bit of a funk and I knew that would make him feel better.

On Sunday, the weather was beautiful, so I decided to go to our Barony meeting. I hadn't been for a few weeks so I really needed to go. I found out last week that the post of Arts and Sciences officer was vacant. I was only saying a couple of weeks ago that I would like that job. The problem was that I had sort of said I would take on the Heralds post. But the more I thought about it, the more I felt I really wasn't up to that position and then A & S became available. I felt a bit bad about backing out of the Herald job but after talking to a few people, I think I made the right decision. I hate committing to something I can't carry out. So by the end of the day, I was the new Arts and Sciences officer. Whoo hoo.

The other big news was the Baroness asked me to be her Lady in Waiting. When I asked what the job was, its basically to stand up in court and to the odd job helping out. Since I'd help anyway, I said yes.

I also managed to get a bit of sewing done. I've been working on my Anglo-Saxon collar. I also had to start making the pouch that will be given to the winner of the Token Tourney next weekend. I actually managed to get a heap done at the meeting so I will have it completed in plenty of time.

0 comments: