11 July 2005

Progress

It is good weather for sewing. Yesterday was a miserable, rainy, windy day. There are reports of wind damage from all over the state, but especially along the coast.

I got about 4 hours done on the blackwork shirt. Back to the point of making progress again. Having it as a fall back project is at least getting some work on it done.

Not really able to do much other stuff at the moment as we have an unexpected house guest and they are lodged in my craft room. Hopefully, I will get back on track once they go.

I am really keen to get some scrapbooking done and also to have alook at some of the embroidery transfer I inherited from my Nan. It would be nice to do something easy but with a bit of colour. I was thinking of maybe one of those 1940's aprons, the good ones that cover all your clothes. I really don't like these little ones that just go around the waist. Does anyone know if there are modern patterns for this type of apron. I see vintage ones for sale all the time, but they are too expensive. I just need the pattern for the apron, not the embroidery.

I am also thinking of putting up pictures of some of the completed items I also inherited. Technically, they are historical embroidery!

0 comments: