31 October 2006

Bloody Hail

I've been sitting in my office for the last 20 minutes watching the sky get darker and darker. I even went around the office to remind people to save their documents if they hadn't done so for a while. We have a major sub-station on campus and quite often get black and brown outs or power spikes in storms. But then there started the ominous thumping sounds on the roof. My office is straight under the flat tin roof of our building and it sounded like someone was lobbing oranges on the roof. But it reality it is golf ball size hail. The hail is now intermittant in the rain. Of course, I went out at lunch to buy thread for my tea towel project and had to park in the bottom car park. I picked the most exposed spot in the whole place. I hope there is only body damage.

0 comments: