28 January 2007

I Knew I'd Be Short!!

I spent most of today cutting out the remaining blocks for the quilt and as I suspected, I've come up short on a couple of the fabrics. I had issues when I was getting the blocks month by month, that what the shop was sending me was not the recommended size of the fabric pieces. I realise that the company selling the project, ie fabric company, might give generous fabric requirements, as they will sell more fabric. So the shop I bought the BOM through was sending what they thought would be enough. But on a couple of occasions, after washing and shrinkage, their wasn't enough. They weren't particularly helpful and now after cutting out all the pieces, there are a couple of fabrics that I will have to buy more of. Since this is from an old range of fabrics, I don't know if I will be able to track it down.