9 February 2007

Klosterstitch Hanging Design Transferred

This is the design for the klosterstitch hanging transfered to the linen ground fabric. I used a transfer pencil, but then since this project will probably take a while, I went over it with a pigment pen so the pattern won't fade by the time I get to the other end!

I didn't get it onto the frame, but I did get the designs for inside the quatrefoils done. I did want two pictorial and one heraldic image, but I couldn't come up with another design and also, couldn't decide on the configuration if only one heraldic panel was used.

I think this will look pretty good. Now I just have to get started. I hope the background fabric is going to be OK. It might be a bit loosely woven, it tends to "drift". I will have to be very careful with the tension on the frame.

2 comments:

dear laren,
please don't get me wrong but I studied the pictures of the Malterer-Teppich for too long time... therefore:

after making the wall a little larger than the original wall - why don't you make the women a little bit larger too(I suppose this should be you) and put her in the middle of the window (like in the original) than she would be in the middle of the wallhanging too you could make her dress ending at a thought line between the left and right inner frameline or you could make the dress ending where the round border begins...

on the left side - is this a shelf?
what about putting your table with some needlework stoff to the left?
and maybe a suggestion if you like to make a second window: whats about the window with the unicorn? you could easily put a needle with a thread or a pair of scissors in her right hand and a frame/frame with fabric/fabric in the left hand :)

making such suggestion to someone else is very easy - yeah, I know this very well - if you would like some help with the design, please let me know and I will try to do my best to draw a sample (and I won't be angry if you don't like or don't use it)

Kisses Raca

ups
needlework stoff = stuff
frame = embroidery frame
:*