24 March 2007

First Granny Square


First Granny Square, originally uploaded by Jane Stockton.

I went yarn shopping at lunchtime yesterday with one of the girls from work. She needed some wool for a crochet rug she is going to make. She has 10 hours in a car both ways for her Easter trip and though this would make a good project for the trip. She is going to give me lessons on Monday. But I couldn't wait and managed to teach myself all the basic stitches. I was also able to work out the Granny Square. I've always wanted to be able to make these. I like the rugs, but the big holes are a problem. Anyway, I still need more help readings patterns etc, but I think I'm on the way to working out how to do it. It will come in very handy for doing the nice crocheted borders around finished bits of embroidery.

0 comments: