29 October 2007

Rose Slip Completed


Rose Slip Completed, originally uploaded by Jane Stockton.

This is the rose slip with both rounds of couching completed. I won't have time to do the other three slips before I submit it for the competition. I've got holes in my sewing fingers as well as being short on time. I will take a photo of the whole thing as it stands now and post it tomorrow.

I'm pleased with how the second round of couching came out. I am a bit concerned that it may be too heavy but have to remember that this is meant to be seen from a distance, so it needs to be chunky.

3 comments:

Thank you! It's great!
tanmy embroidery:
http://www.tanmyembroidery.com.vn

Tan My, Hanoi's finest silk and embroidery, handmade products. We ship worldwide

Wow! Beautiful, vibrant colours! What are you going to do with the slips once they are all done? Sorry if you've explained before, I wasn't paying attention ;)