17 June 2009

Exercise versus Productivity

I have a dilemma. On the one hand I need to loose weight or at least get some exercise. My gym buddy has been overseas for a few weeks and I have slacked off. I started going again at the start of the week. Treadmill on monday and pool on Tuesday. The problem is that when I am exercising by the time I get home at night I am so exhausted, all I want to do is collapse on the couch. My productivity as far as getting any craft or creative things done drops to zero. Then I get frustrated because craft is like my fix for the day. It mellows me out.

1 comments:

I know where you're coming from on that front. I too collapse on the sofa when I get in from work and need craft stuff to unwind. And I certainly need to lose a good hundred pounds or so.

My original solution was the WiiFit, but even that was taking up too much time, so I've gone over to My Fitness Coach, available on the Wii and for PC. This takes about 20 minutes, 5 times a week and is therefore a lot more craft-friendly in terms of time. It even seems to be working for me.

Good luck!