30 April 2012

Cheap Quilt Backing

You know how you hear a simple idea and you go, why didn't I think of that? Well, I had one of those moments a couple of weeks back when I was reading Red Pepper Quilts blog and they mentioned using sheets for backing quilts. What a great idea. They are the right size and if you buy a quilt cover, you get two backings for the price of one.

So on the weekend I hit the local op shop and found a few quilt cover sets. I figure there should be enough for eight quilts here. I got the whole lot for like $30!! I'd be paying that a metre for "quilt backing". Also, they are already washed and broken in!!

I think the top two would be great for kids quilts and the bottom two for bloke quilts. I am making a "country quilt" at the moment, that will need backing in the next couple of weeks, and I think the middle one will be great for that. 

Op Shop Quilt Covers to Use As Quilt Backing

0 comments: