7 July 2014

Orange and Grey Quilt Put Together

The blocks for this one have been sitting in the cupboard for a while now. I'm on leave so I am trying to work my way through some of my UFO's so I can clear some space and declutter a bit.

The plan had been to make it like this, with the orange blocks all lined up. But as I was looking at it, I had a play and tried this layout:

I decided that I liked this one better and so does Cleo:

The more I looked at it the more I liked the offset setting. It also sort of continues the zig zag theme from my Pink and Grey Log Cabin quilt. Start of a series!!

I had decided to leave it there. But the more I think about it, I want to put another grey row down the left hand side to make the offset more obvious and get the middle block from the middle of the quilt. This would mean putting another thin row of grey top and bottom (which was part of the original design).

I might leave it for a couple of days. I think part of wanting to get it done is coming from always only having a day here or there to work on them. But I'm on leave, so I do have time to make more blocks. But I do want it finished.

1 comments:

Love the design changes - this is going to be really neat with hot pop of the oranges.