4 August 2014

Batik Stars

I've never really used my Sizzix much for quilting, mainly because most of their quilt templates are for applique, though they are producing more piecing templates now.


Accucut have put out a whole range aimed at quilters. I can't really justify buying another machine, but one of the members of my Guild has one and let me borrow it. I was keen because there was one die I really wanted to use, Blazing Star.

I had to make it hard on myself by wanting to reverse the pattern, I wanted the dark on the left rather than the right of the pattern.

I decided to use the batiks I'd been collecting. I am really happy with how they turned out. I've got a heap of pieces cut out. I just need to sit down and decide on pairings.

For such a complicated looking block, it goes together really easily and without having to be super careful about accuracy. I can't wait to do some more.


0 comments: