26 February 2005


Well, the event that I am making the Persian outfit for is on at 3pm today (well, 4pm but I have to pick someone up to give them a lift).

Another early start and I made a miniture version of the coat of someones little boy. Not lined. It only took an hour. It was so cute and I just realised that I didn't get a photo of it!!

I then had to put together the kits for the class on tablet weaving that I was going to give. I managed to get that done by lunch time. That gave me 3 hours to come up with a solution to the problem of closures for the maroon coat.

Then my boyfriend made an excellent suggestion of using hooks and eyes as closures thus making the buttons decorative. This worked very well. I ended up finishing the coat with a couple of hours to spare. Here is the finished product.

And here is the whole outfit (including funky hat!!)

It's not the best photo in the world but you get the idea. All in all I am happy with the way it turned out. Luckily, the place we were holding the event was air conditioned!! First event ever, talk about lucky. It was a newcomers event and we had heaps of new people, so it was worth the effort.

Off to bed now. Very tired.