23 June 2005

The iPod Has Landed

Things didn't get off to too good a start this morning. I was waiting around. I figured I would only have to wait to 10am or so, as that was when they had tried to deliver it yesterday. I got a call at about 9.30am saying that they had only just got the message about me being their to get the package and it hadn't been put on the truck! I could have it delivered tomorrow or come and get it. I didn't want to have another day off, which meant either signing the form and getting them to leave it on my front porch all day or going and getting it. We decided on getting! The depot was only about 15mins away from where we lived. Here are a series of photos:






Now those of you who have been paying attention will have noticed something of importance. Yes, that's right. It's not an iPod Mini, it's the flag ship 4th Generation 20Gig iPod!!!!!!!!!!!! Not 1,000 songs, but 5,000 songs. I am never going to fill this sucker up!! Now I am going to have to research all those accessories all over again!









The worst part about these types of electronic products is the inevitable wait for the batteries to charge the first time! Luckily, we were still helping Adam's friend to move, so that kept me occupied.

I'd spent all week putting my music collection into iTunes, so I was ready to go. The first song I listend to was Orff's "O Fortuna" from the Carmina Burana. Suitably dramatic I think.

1 comments:

Hi Nice Blog iPod has the latest software from Apple, as engineers may find new ways to optimize battery performance. For instance, early ipod batteries models without a dock connector benefit from update 1.3 or later.