27 April 2008

One of Those Weeks

So I've got the car on the way to being sorted out. It's going into the panelbeaters tomorrow for repair. This morning I woke up to a shhhsshing sound. I thought to myself, "That can't be good." I got to the bath room to find the hot water service gushing water out through the power cable. Quick dash outside to turn off the electricity (thank the gods we got way more circuits than we needed when we had the house rewired - hot water service is on its own circuit so I can turn off the power without loosing the rest of the house) and water at the main. Then spent the next hour getting someone to come and fix it. Do you know how hard it is to get a plumber on a Sunday?

Anyway, finally tracked one down. He was very nice and a cat person. He really wanted to give Cleo a pat!! Just lucky I had the money out ready for the car or I would've been in trouble.

0 comments: