12 August 2014

Sunkissed Granny Squares Restarted

I'm trying to get as many of my WIP's finished as possible. I only had eight of the granny squares done. Below I used my new block design boards to put together another twelve blocks ready to be sewn.

Rather than work with HST (with their biased edges) for the outer edges, I used full squares and then trimmed them down. There is a small bit of waste but allows for much better accuracy for the completed block.

 I now have another 12 blocks ready to sew. Once they are done I will be up to 30 blocks. And I still have enough squares to make a few more blocks as well.