8 September 2015

Left Over Log Cabin Finished

Another UFO bites the dust!! Only a couple more to go! I call this one Left Over Log Cabin because it is made up of the left over 1 1/2" strips I used for my Omigosh Redux quilt. I just kept cutting and ended up with way too many. I'd never made a Log Cabin quilt before, so I thought this would be a good use of the strips. I made may Pink and Grey Zig Zag log cabin at the same time.


I played around with the layout for a while and came up with this one. I like the old school look. This is my second quilt with a wool wadding. I think this will be a great lap quilt. I had it quilted with baptist fan by Kathy at KoolKat Quilting. She did a great job. The only issue, and this has NOTHING to do with the quality of the quilting, is that it is a bit closely quilted and as a result, stiff, for my taste. I wish I could've had it done on a large scale.



1 comments:

Beautiful quilt. I agree also about the quilting - it looks great - but I personally don't like heaving quilting that makes a quilt stiff - I love the soft feel of a quilt and also the fact that it is 'wrapable' (if that's a word....)