17 March 2004

Research and Planning

Well, I have one design ready to go for my Laurel Token Tourney entry. It will basically be a reproduction of an embroidered book cover, owned by Henry VIII. The cover is red/brown velvet, decorated with Tudor roses and scrolling designs, more about the book can be found in "English Embroidered Bookbindings" by Cyril Davenport. The Davenport work is full text online, with lots of info about the materials, techniques and stitches used to produce early embroidered English book bindings.

My plan is to work it with twist on red velveteen. I will probably only get about half of it done, to use as a work in progress. If I do this will a couple of other items, I should have enough to show at Festival.

On the more day to day front, I am still sewing hooks and eyes on dresses. Nearly finished that, which will have the dresses at a useable stage. Then I can do embroidery! Yah!!

0 comments: