31 October 2005

Anglo-Saxon Goldwork LOG Pouch Done

I finished off the Goldwork Anglo-Saxon LOG Pouch on the weekend. Just needed to be made up into a pouch. I forgot to put the hanging cord on, so I did a bit of a cheat and made the drawstrings extra long, they can use those to tie to belt. Only a small cheat as there are examples of pouches done like this in period.

I also got the Anglo-Saxon collar onto the frame. I am using my nice period slate frame for this. Still deciding on the colours, thanks to everyone who's given me feedback. I found some nice handspun wool on the weekend, it's very tempting to do it in those yarns. But I don't think I have enough and I don't want to have to wait for more to arrive.