28 November 2005

Anglo-Saxon Round Collar Tunic and Pouch Progress

It's been raining and miserable all day and doesn't look like it is going to change at all today. I managed to get some down time to finish off my Anglo-Saxon Undertunic. Getting the cuffs on was no problem, but the neck had issues. I'd cut the neck opening too big and I didn't think the collar would fit. It was a disaster when I tried to sew the main seam with the machine. So I decided to unpick it and do it by hand. Luckily, wool is a very forgiving fabric and I was able to get it on OK. It looks pretty good now it's done. It was too wet to get photo, so I will post one when I can.

I managed to get the heraldic applique onto the pouch to day and sew around the edge. Instead of couching down a cord, I decided to just stem stitch around it. It does look better when the shield shape is edged. Now I just have to decide what to do with the back. I really want to do the Barony populace badge, but I can't figure out how to do it without it looking silly, so I am now leaning towards just doing another shield with my heraldry on it. What do you think?

The populace badge would be in a circle. The bottom half of the circle would be red, the top half green. At the centre of the circle would be a lymphad worked in yellow. My problem is if I use the red applique, there will be a ledge between the red and the green.

0 comments: