27 August 2012

Productive Quilty Weekend

Overall, I had a pretty productive quilty weekend. No finishes, but alot of progress on several projects.
First off, I got a start cutting out all the light segments from my Omigosh Redux quilt. It is the same pattern but at a much more manageable scale than the original. In addition to getting all the triangles and strips of the light fabrics cut, I got about half of the darks done. Enough that I could get started on the HST. The first picture shows Miss Cleopatra "helping". Someone wanted some attention. The second photo shows the actual HST.

I am taking part in a Fat 1/8's swap, so I will be able to use some of these fabrics in this project as well.
Secondly, I finished up a heap of 30's Repro Nine Patches. I always have a heap of pre-cut white and repro fabric strips sitting ready to be sewn. I don't have any particular project in mind, but there are soooo many ideas for nine patches, I can never have too many! These are great when you have a spare 5 or 10 minutes to sew, as they don't require much prep or thinking about when sewing. As you can see, they are being supervised by the lovely Cleo, who loves to help!!

4 comments:

your 9 patches are very colourful, is that your stash in the background, looks inviting!!!

Nice post. Now how do you get Cleo to help with the pressing and supervise? Mine prefers to rearrange the blocks!

Annette, Thanks, I do love the 1930's repro colours. And yes, that is my stash. The left side is my quilting fabric (seen here in more detail - http://laren.blogspot.com.au/2012/07/stash-reorganisation.html) and the right is my scrapbooking paper.

Dear Wendy, she is VERY good at the supervising, but is more than happy to get her paws dirty with the rearranging as well! ;-)