16 August 2013

Newcastle Stitches and Craft Show Stash

I went to the Newcastle Stitches and Craft Show yesterday. It was pretty standard craft show fair. I was a bit disappointed as they'd advertised that Block Lock would be there but they weren't. Lots of places selling cheap rotary cutter blades, but I'd stocked up on them at the Sydney Show (more on that later).

So I only got some fabrics, no templates, rulers or anything else. I stuck to 1800's Repros and Japanese Yarn Dyes.

After the show I did a quick trip to Spotlight, as I still needed a backing for a quilt. Ended up just getting some extra wide white (at a discount as it had marks and paint on it). I also picked up a couple of metres of this really nice Repro (I bought extra to swap!!). All quilting fabric is $9.95/m. Just wish they had a couple more colour ways.
I've also been working on my Blue & White and Yellow Split La Moyne Star quilt. I will be posting about it tomorrow.

0 comments: