4 December 2013

Still Alive and Kicking

I've been absent from the blogosphere for about a month. I stopped sewing as I was trying to get some of my handmade leather journals done for a craft fair. Turned out to be a bit of a waste of time as I only sold one book!! Anyway, here is a picture of what I made.



This is the furbabies helping me with some cutting out. I've been quilting for a while but you never stop working out better ways to do things. I've been using a big folding table for my quilting. I can set it up and take it down quickly and lets me work in the room with the best light.

However, it's quite low. So when cutting it can get quite tiring. I had visitors last week and put my normal table away. Once they were gone and I wanted to do some cutting, I put up another folding table I have, this one is smaller, but it is height adjustable. I put it up to the maximum height, and boy what a difference!! Sooo much easier to cut and no more sore neck or shoulders. I will definately be using this one from now on. I am thinking of getting another one, to be set up at a lower height for sewing. It will be a better set up as it will take up less room, as I can slip one under the other but still have a cutting space and a sewing space.

This is the kitties helping me use my Westalee rulers. I've had them for ages but not used them. They've been great for cutting out so far. I like the idea of sewing the bias before cutting the triangles. These will be for donation quilts.

I just wanted to sew!! Lots of HST in progress and some green and yellow pinwheels for another donation quilt.

0 comments: